VSC & HRH's Partnership Page
Don Hawkins has been working with Indiana's Prisons, Jails, Inmates, and Exoffenders since 2001. In 2006 he founded Homeless & ReEntry Helpers, Inc. (HRH) and moved into a large warehouse on E Michigan St and they have been helping Indy's ExOffenders & Homeless since then. In 2011 HRH Partnered with the Mayors Advisory Council for Veterans (MACV) to help with the Mayor's first "Veterans Appreciation Day" event at the American Legion Mall. In 2014, when Veterans Support Council, Inc. (VSC) was formed, HRH was its second Partner (MACV was the first). Since then VSC & HRH have shared and maintained warehouse space to help those in need including Indy's Veterans, Military, and their Families.
Below are pictures of the new warehouse and just some of the many donors, volunteers, and ministries that helps VSC & HRH help those in need through HHOOT's Distribution Center.
|Events and Partners VSC & HRH Supports, Services, and Shares Resources with:
- Horizon Fellowship - Summer Camp
- Helping Heroes of America
- Mayors' Veterans Appreciation Day
- Marine Corps League
- VVA - Vietnam Veterans of America
- IN Legislative Day
- IN War Memorial meetings
- DAV - Disabled American Vets
- Honor and Help
- Good News Mission
- Wheeler Mission - Men-on Delaware
- Wheeler Mission - Men-on Ohio
- Wheeler Mission - Women-on Michigan
- Third Phase Women’s Shelter
- Old Bethel Food Pantry
- Fletcher Place Community Center
- Shepherd Community Center
- Martin Center
- Food4Soul – Street Outreach
- Julian Center for Women
- Pathway to Recovery
- Dove House
- Servant's Heart – Street Outreach
- Southeastern Community Center
- IFD Fire Houses
- IMPD District Officer
- Onyx Team - Street Outreach
- Horizon House
- Family First
- VFW Post 1587
- Indy Vet House
- American Legion Post 497
- VFW Post 98
- VFW Post 2839
- Officer David Moore Food Pantry
- Lady of Lords Cub Scout Pack
- Welcome Home Vietnam Veterans
- Progress House
- Brown Bag Ministries - Street Outreach
|Above is a partial list of organizations and agencies that HRH & VSC have been working with for years in one way or another. We all share what we get so nothing goes to waste from the donations we collectively receive from our vendors and donors.
Below are earlier pictures from HRH & HHOOT's warehouse & HHOOT's Diner. HRH & HHOOT served hot meals (averaging from 75 to 90 people per meal, 7 days a week from 3-6 PM) plus handed out clothing, and personal hygiene items to our homeless friends for over ten years at our old location on E. Michigan St. before we lost our lease in the Spring of 2017.
In the Summer of 2017, we moved to our new 8,000 sqft warehouse on E. Washington St. where we continued the clothing and personal hygiene giveaway program. A few months later we added services that offered Veterans organizations, street ministries and professional agencies, with water, sodas, Gatorade, chips, snacks, non-perishable food items, and other things they could distribute to our homeless friends and others in need.
|Donations to VSC & HRH's Partnership can be made one of three ways:
- Thru PayPal - Just go to the section below and follow the instructions.
- By Mail - Make your check or money order payable to "Veterans Support Council, Inc." or "VSC" and send it to 2457 E Washington St, Suite F, Indianapolis, IN 46201 USA. Please make sure you make a note on your check or money order for what your payment is to be used for.
- Drop Off - Bring your cash or check payment or Donation to any MACV or VSC meeting.
|Donate to VSC & HRH's Partnership
Make your one-time Donation, or an ongoing monthly Donation to VSC & HRH's Partnership through our PayPal account.
Just click on the "Donate" button & follow the instructions.
|Donate Clothing, Hygiene & Non-Perishable Food Items to Help Those In Need
You can also Donate Food, Clothing and Personal Hygiene items to HRH, HHOOT & VSC to help our Homeless Friends and Veterans:
HHOOT's Distribution Center for Street Outreach is located at 2457 E Washington St, Suite F, Indianapolis, IN 46201.
Please make deliveries to our warehouse "behind" 30 S Temple Ave. to "Suite F" (click here for map).
(S Temple Ave is one block West of Rural St on E Washington St., Turn South on S Temple Ave and go to the end of the street, turn right inside of the gate.)
|Please Download HRH & VSC's
Flyer and Distribute to Your Group.
Please call HHOOT's Distribution Center at (317) 632-0500 if you have any questions. Download HRH & VSC's Flyer here.
||Do You Want to Help Veterans,
ExOffenders & the Homeless?
Help Us Collect What They Need, including socks, underware, shirts, sweatshirts, pants, jackets, coats, personal hygiene Items, blankets, non-perishable food items, etc.
Call (317) 632-0500 to have a "Donation Barrel" delivered to your Place of Business, Veterans Post, or Office today!