Veterans Support Council, Inc.
VSC is dedicated to helping Veterans, Military and their Families find the resources they need in order to help them succeed.
Click here to view a PDF Power Point Presentation on VSC's & MACV's History.
To Support and promote service organizations that serve Veterans, Military Personal, and their Families.
To Raise funds for and sponsor special Veterans projects: 1) MACV's annual "Mayors' Veterans Appreciation Day" event; 2) The annual Veterans' Appreciation Dinner; 3) Initate various fundraisers throughout the year; and 4) Partner with projects that promote, support, and inform our veterans and military personnel about the services and benefits available to them and their families.
VSC is guided by an eleven (11) member Board of Directors, of which six (6) are Officers.
- Members serving on the Board of Directors and/or as Officers must be Veterans except for one, that Director may be a spouse of a Veteran.
Officers & Directors - Officers Re-Elected 11Feb19 (*Founding Director):
VSC's Additional Information:
- VSC was formed as the official fund raising and promotional arm of MACV. VSC along with MACV connects Veterans, Military and their Families with service providers whose counselors, case managers, and support coaches can direct them/you to the goods, services, programs, benefits and a variety of other resources designed to make their/your lives easier.
- VSC supports approved Veterans events and special programs for Veterans that will enable VSC to better serve our Marion County Veterans in any way we can.
- VSC secures funding for MACV Veterans events and other special circumstances projects such as: making funds available to help veterans in emergencies, i.e. help with burials, Christmas, other Veterans Day events, or anything else approved by the Corporation's Board of Directors.
- VSC is an Indiana Non-Profit Corporation that that was formed on the 10th of March, 2014. VSC secured its IRS 501 (c)(3) on the 28th of January, 2016. Our Federal ID # is: 46-4747247.
- VSC does not have any paid staff. We are all unpaid volunteers. Rent and office space are donated by Homeless & ReEntry Helpers, Inc. The only bills VSC has is our business phone, internet bill and website fees which is just under $200.00 a month to AT&T and Web.com.
The Oath We Still Live By
The U.S. Armed Forces Oath of Enlistment Federal law requires everyone who enlists or re-enlists in the Armed Forces of the United States to take the below enlistment oath.
We do solemnly swear (or affirm) that we will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign, and domestic; that we will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that we will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help us God.
- *Mary Heintzelman
- *Connie Boatright-Royster (Deceased)
- *Russ Eaglin
- *Larry Hearn
- Jill Fewell
- *Fred Bishop
..... Coming Soon .....
Sign-Up to be a:
VSC Premier Supporter
VSC will soon be accepting Donations from Individuals and Corporations that wish to Support Veterans Support Council, Inc. (VSC). VSC's main objective is to bring together a group of Veterans, Non-Veterans, Organizations and Corporations that's goals are the same as VSC's and that's to support our Veterans, our Military Personnel and their Families.
Benefits of Membership:
- Receive an Official VSC Supporters Card & Name Tag
- Your continued Donation shows your Support for our Veteran Community
- Receive 6 issues of the Veterans Support Council Newsletter (via Email)
- Receive access to Exclusive Discounts and Benefits
- Other Benefits will be added as we grow (Suggestions Welcome) .......
The Donations for your contunied Support will be used for VSC's "Number One" priority of Supporting Veteran's Events and Activities. Your Donation will also be used to pay for VSC and MACV's operating expenses, such as; printing, promotional aids, phone & internet bill, website costs, insurance, office supplies, legal and filing fees.
If you are interested in being a Premier Supporter of VSC, please fill out the below form and click on the "Submit to VSC" button. We will Email you updated information as we add additional benefits to our Surporters.
You DO NOT have to be a VSC Premier Supporter to attend any MACV meetings or participate in any "Mayors' Veterans Appreciation Day" events.
PLEASE NOTE: There are no membership requirements or fees to be a MACV Member, just show up and participate in the Networking ..... You are considered a MACV Member by just attending several monthly meetings per year .....